Sunday, January 11, 2009

Irritated so to say


I'm not usually one to say something when a person makes me mad, but today must be one of those days. And I hope that I don't step on anyones toes when saying this. It has recently come to my attention that some are thinking that I don't allow Jonathan to take care of Landon and that I do the majority of the work around the house. This however is completely untrue. Jonathan tries his best to allow me time to myself and even let me sleep in the mornings, but after 2hours of a crying baby who by the way still does not feel good you have to intervine. I would love to be able to just hand Landon off to someone and he be ok for just 5mins. He is not only crying when Jonathan holds him, but that goes for anyone else in the family that holds him. You have to understand that Landon come real short to dying and is still not 100% himself so forgive me when its hard to watch your child scream and cry for hours when all he really wants is his mother. Yes, it can be frustrating beacuse you can't just carry him around the house like any normal baby. We only have so much tubing for the oxygen which makes it hard to get anything done. I love Landon more than life itself and if it seems that I am ill that no one else can take care of him then im sorry. And as for doubting Jonathan's ability to take care of Landon, I am positive that everything would be fine and Landon would be well taken care of.
And again I apologize for stepping on anyones toes.

2 comments:

Penny1215 said...

Girl, I am right there with you. Derek can take care of our children its not as if he doesn't know what he's doing, but Avi cries for me. I can only let her cry for me for so long before I have to go get her. He does nothing wrong, but babies just want their Mommy's I guess. Sometimes it's hard to bear, but i'm not sure I would want it any other way. I would certainly not want to be in Derek's shoes and be the one that they don't cry for!! Okay I've rambled on enough. Have a great day.

Paige Barnes said...

Hey - he is your baby! Who cares if you step on anyone's toes?! You do what's best for your baby, no matter what. Sometimes, babies just want their mommies. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated with a preemie and one who's been so sick. I wish I could help, but just know that I love you guys and I am praying for you!