Friday, January 16, 2009

Improvements


So I woke up this morning to Landon having is O2 down under his chin. During that moment I kinda panic thinking OH NO did I not hear him go off and check the monitor. Its reading 100% and everything looks to be working so I take a sigh of relief. I had to take the dots that hold the oxygen tubing off his face yesterday due to him developing large red whelps where the dots were. After this time time I had tried to tighten the tubing enough to keep it on his face but apparently I didn't do a good enough job. Well im still not able to put the dots back onto his face since the whelps are still there and since he seem to be doing so well without the oxygen, it is still off and we have had no problems at all today. It is so good to see his face again and not have anything taking up any of that cuteness. I do believe that we are on the right path to come completely off the O2. WAHOO!!!!!! On another note, since they have increased Landon's calorie intake to 28 cal per oz I have been noticeing rolls! Yep thats right, Landon's got rolls now! He has really become alittle chunker. Im real anxious to see how much he weighs the next time we go to the doctor. Well over the next few weeks we are bombarded with doctors apts right after left so im not looking forward to getting Landon out so much but hopefully we will have good results and won't need to go so often after that.

3 comments:

MrsHonea said...

Oh that's awesome!! I'm glad he's doing good without the O2. Keep it up Landon!

BTW, ya gotta love chunky baby legs! (Thunder Thighs, we call them)

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

Maybe he is deciding to show us who's boss! I'm anxious to see how much he weighs too- seeing as he is eating 28 cal- I def think he looks bigger! But, he looks sooo great! Love my little LBH!

~Tara~ said...

I am so glad to hear how great Landon is doing. I can't wait to see how chunky he gets. I miss Wade's chunky cheeks. Hope the doctors apt go well and you guys stay warm.