Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trip to ER


So just when you think things are going smoothly and the Drs feel comfortable with us getting out, Landon has to show off. Wednesday Landon started having alittle bit of a wet cough but it was very sporadic and not a sickly cough. He fought sleep the entire day and between me and Aunt LuLu only got about an hr worth of a nap. Thankfully he crashed about 7:30pm and I crashed soon after. Around 2 I woke up to what sounded like a barking dog, but was really Landon trying his best to cry. We were up pretty much the rest of the night from 2 with this barking cough. Yet it still was very sporadic and only happening while awake pretty much. By the grace of God Landon never required his oxygen to be turned on and was not huffing and puffing for air. Landon's normal pediatrician was not in today and I knew that I would be explaining to another doctor about 7 months worth of history on Landon before they can even get to where they can examine him. The Dr. we saw was very nice and honest. She informed me that she just did not feel comfortable sending him home being as she had never seen him and that she would be calling Vandy's ER and Landon's lung doctor to let them know we were on our way. Ughh the frustrations! Finally at the Er they do a very thorough workup and informed us that by looking at him he looks great. They said his lungs were pushing good air, he was not retracting and was satting 99-100 on room-air. They said that the only thing saying he was sick was this awlful cough. The only treatment they did for us was deep suctioning which he hated and a breathing treatment which he wasnt too fond of either. I am so thankful it wasn't anything because the last time we were in Vandy's ER I thought it was going to be some of the last moments with Landon. Pray for our lungs to heal!!!!

3 comments:

Penny1215 said...

Bless his bitty baby heart. Your in my prayers!

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

Poor baby! That sounds like what Brody had but they called it the croup. He had to be taken by ambulance bc he stopped breathing bc he airway swelled shut from the croup. Not to scare you but to just let ya know. We will be praying that he gets better soon!

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

My little LBH defintely likes to show out! I'm so glad that it was nothing too- especially since the last time you were in the ER with him, I was there too and remember it all too well! I love my sweet LBH!