Friday, March 6, 2009

BPD and Echo


So we had two appointments at Vandy today that were two pretty big appointments. But as soon as the day started I knew it was going to be a rough one. First of all, we needed to leave the house by 8am no later and well I woke up to the clock saying 7:52am. So from there im pretty much in a panic. If my mother had not been here, we would have never made it. So we get out of the house by 8:15am and we are on our way. We get about half way when boom my tire blows! Holy crap, this can not be happening today of all days. I immediately get on the phone to get roadside assistance out to change it, because Lord knows me nor my mother can change it. Thankfully and luckily this nice State Trooper pulled up behind us and helped us change the tire. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Bad thing about this is my tags expired at the end of Feb and I just realized it. But we explained where we were headed and he never mentioned it. We called Vandy and explained what was going on and they told us they would make a note and to get there when we could. Surprisingly we were only 30mins late. Landon weighed in at a whopping 16lbs 11oz and was 25 1/2in long. Odessa said his lungs were clear and he sounded great. Not too many changes with his O2, we are now going to start room-air trials at night and we are to document his saturations when he is in a deep sleep to have for his next appointment. Next we went to have our Echo and by what the tech said, she didn't see anything alarming he still has the PDA but that its so small that she didnt see them doing anything with that. Once we left there, we ran into Dr. Austin again downstairs and talk to him for alittle bit. He said that he just couldn't believe how great Landon looked and once he spoke with the cardiologist he would give me a call and let me know how it looked. We got to spend some time with Nikki today as well. She came down and had lunch with us. She said Payton is doing so good and that the trach was probably the best thing for her. Hopefully I will be able to post an update about his Echo later on tonight.

2 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going good. Brody still has echo's and still goes to the pulmo.Dr. and it is always nerve racking.I know how you feel.

The Snyder's said...

AWWWWWW.. Bless YOU.. I miss you guys when are yall going to be back over this way..