Saturday, February 7, 2009

Take 2

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile and I apologize now for the lengthy message ahead....
Well for started Thursday night we decided to give the whole crib thing another try since the land lady finally came and fixed the doors. Well I wasn't as nervous this time as I had been the last just simply because I was getting myself in trouble with him being in the bed with me and knew it was time. The plan is to always have Landon in the bed no later than 9pm so that I can get stuff done around the house that I couldn't during the day. But instead we put him to bed at 9pm and then went to bed ourselves. It had been a long day for all of us with the passing of my grandfather and spending the majority of the day at the funeral home. Well at 2:37am to be exact I woke up in a panic because I had not heard Landon yet and was afraid something was wrong. So I sent Jonathan in because im afraid if I go I will be tempted to bring him back to bed with me and then we would be right back where we started. Jonathan comes back and all is well, Landon is still sound asleep and so we go back to sleep ourselves. Landon ended up sleep for well over another hour and ate just enough to put him back to sleep and was back out. So his first night is a success. Night 2, go to bed at 8:30pm Jonathan and I start some housework, Jonathan does his laundry to go back on the road and we get into bed around 12 thinking that we will have to get up in about an hr or so to feed Landon. Nope Landon slept till 5am this morning! Took a bottle and was back out and sleep till around 8am. So we arenow two nights in and doing very well I might add. If I had know he would sleep this well in his own bed he would have been in there a long time by now. But when I think about it I think most of it is my own selfishness. Not wanting to lose any sleep or having to actually get out of the bed and walk across the house. But at any rate, Landon is now is in his bed and sleeping better than ever. Landon is now weighing 14lbs 3oz and wearing anywhere from 3months to 6 months and even in those some are too short for him. We are just upgraded to size 3 diapers! Thats a big step from the very first diaper we ever wore. We are still on our O2 at night, but are still going during the day without it and so far so good.
I am so proud of him~!~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy to hear things are going well. You all will continue to be in our prayers.