Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day of Rest


So just as Landon gets the praise from Dr.s that he is doing well and that we are making progress he decides he wants to put me back on the edge by acting ugly. Around 4a this morning Landon's monitors started blaring on both his oxygen Sat's and his heart rate. At first make I thought the monitor was just not picking up and so I just hit the silence button and went back to sleep. Well after the 2min silence it gives you it was still going off so I then woke up enough to see what was going on. Landon was still and sound asleep but I noticed he was breathing really hard so I then realized that everything was picking up like it should. The monitor was saying that Landon's O2 was between 89-92 and his heart rate was between 180-190. Both of which are not good when you have lung issues already and heart issues. I turned Landon's O's up hoping that this would fix both problems but it only fixed his O2 and even then we were hovering the line of where we needed to be. Our heart rate on the other end was still running in the 180's. Keep in mind that on Friday when we went to the Dr. and learned about the heart issue that he has(but we are just finding out) they stressed to us that a high heart rate could mean that he is getting in trouble and if not fixed soon than could lead to much worse things. Well I'm on pins and needles by this time, I can't fall back asleep because he is constantly going off so I try to correct the problem by picking Landon up and holding him. He seemed more comfortable this way but still only dropped his HR to 160-170. I finally decided to call Vandy Pulmonolgy around 9a to have the on-call Dr to see if they felt like I needed to bring Landon in. They informed me to watch him for 24hrs and to keep him on the oxygen for right now (reminder that on Friday we were informed us that we could go during the day without it) and if he still seemed to be having issues in the morning to call them back and they will let the ER know that we were on our way. The Dr. also informed us that this could be Landon's way of telling us he is getting sick so we are to monitor his temp and things for the next 24hours as well. So for right now, I am just hoping that Landon is just having a bad day and just needs a break. Right now we are sating 99 and our HR is 131 and he is asleep. So lets pray and keep our fingers crossed he continues to stay in that general area.


3 comments:

MrsHonea said...

Hoping and praying that you're right and this is nothing to be too concerned about.

Lindsey

Only the Sheppards said...

At CMC we had what we called "the curse of Dr. Ismail," because after he would walk through and say all the babies looked "mahvelous" all the alarms would start going off. Some babies just like to keep you jumping. Sounds like Landon's one of those! You tell him to behave, and give him a big sanitized kiss from us!

~Tara~ said...

Hoping he is just getting in a very deep sleep or something and that this won't happen anymore. You are remaining in my thoughts and prayers and I hope and pray that this is nothing serious. God bless you guys and keep us informed.