Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just an everyday Update

This is just an update of how things are going at our household. Landon has decided that sleep is overrated and that he doesn't feel the need to do so at night. Which means no sleep for me,which leaves me to be a DEVIL to all others around. I have tried different techniques such as cereal in his bottle before bed and even tried keeping him awake for longer periods of time to see if that would help. Still he thinks he doesn't need to sleep. The night before last we were up every hour and each time he acted like he was starving and ate a whole 5oz each time. So today we introduced cereal and he ate quite a bit of that. And then later on tonight we are going to try some baby food to see if that helps fill him up. I am hoping that tonight we will have a much better night and Landon will sleep so much better tonight....FYI if anyone has any suggestions that have worked for you with your children please leave me a message I am willing to try anything at this point.

6 comments:

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

Yeah- I got nothing! Maybe let him cry it out? Take no advice from me though, seeing as how my kids don't sleep and mine and yours obviously feed off each other!

MrsHonea said...

If he's waking up and eating that much, he probably is ready for baby food, so let us know how that goes. :)

Penny1215 said...

Don't withhold sleep. The more he sleeps the more he will want to sleep. I'm sure you've read all the regular old tips about routine and what not, but those are certainly good tips. When he wakes up don't go in right away. Give him 5 min to see if he can settle himself down and then go in if he doesn't settle down after that amount of time. (Do the above if he is just not staying asleep) If he is not going to sleep he could be overlytired which then causes a terrible stimulation process that makes them grumpy, but keeps them from falling asleep. If he gets like this then give him a nice bath, rock him for a few minutes and then lay him down. Let him cry for a few minutes (it's not gonna hurt him to cry so long as you know that his needs are all met) if he gets overly upset then certainly go pick him up and comfort him. Then try again. It works for some and not others you'll just have to try it and see!! Hope this helps a little!!!

Penny1215 said...

Forgot to mention...this worked wonders with Hunter. I've been trying it for weeks with Avi still to no avail!!!! Depends on the child. Good luck!!!!

~Tara~ said...

After I introduced babyfood with Wade at night before he went to bed I mixed his baby food with cereal and that seemed to hold him over longer. I'm like Penny with the over tired thing. Wade is hateful and wont sleep if he is overtired. I have always had Wade on a strict routine since he was a couple of months old. It works for us and he is the best sleeper. He takes a nap at the same time everyday. He always takes a bath right before bed to relax him and I use the soothing bedtime formulas that Johnson's has out. Hope some of this helps. If you can ever get them in the routine then you are usually set to go.

The Snyder's said...

AWWW. Poor DANA... Hunny if I knew a remedy I give it to you.. I know that with my lil cousins and neices crying it out does help some of the kiddos.. Well,, I pray that this all get better for you..